How can I open FB account? This guideline shows you how to do Facebook sign up and register for a free account. Let us get started.
There are two requirements needed and only 3 safe ways to register, I will explain everything. Just be patient as you read along.
Steps To Register For free Facebook Account
How do I sign up for a Facebook account? a very close friend asked me on the phone about 2 weeks ago. I was shocked because I never thought he did not have a Facebook account. I explained how he can register and here I am explaining the same to you.
There are two major requirements before you can sign up for a Facebook account, the requirements are:
- You must be 13 years and older
- You must have a working phone number and email address
Once this is clear, there are three ways to sign up for Facebook account:
- Using the web on your computer
- Using Facebook App
- Using your iPhone or Android Mobile
1. Sign up for Facebook Using the web on your computer
This guideline applies to both MacBook users and windows PC computer users. Just follow the steps below:
- Check your internet connection and make sure it is active
- Open your most preferred browser ( safari for Mac, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge for windows)
- When the browser opens, open Facebook homepage by typing www.facebook.com and tap enter
- Once it opens, scroll down and click on the green button that shows ‘ Create New Account’
- This will now take you to the Facebook sign up page ( as shown below)
On the Facebook sign up page, fill in the following:
- Your first name and surname
- Your mobile number or email ( either one of the two)
- Date of birth
- After this , tap on the ‘ sign up green button’ below
- A confirmation will be sent to your email ( in case you used email for the sign up). If you use phone number, the confirmation will be sent to your phone number
- Check the confirmation code, copy it and paste in the confirmation box
- After this, you will receive a message saying ‘ welcome to Facebook’
- The next step now is for you to set up your Facebook profile and make sure everything is looking great.
2. Register for Facebook using FB App
Facebook has more than 3 apps on both the Google play store, Apple play store. You can create Facebook account by making use of this Facebook Apps.
To register and sign up for a Facebook account, follow the guidelines below:
- Check your internet connectivity and make sure it is active
- Download Facebook App ( either the normal Facebook App, Facebook Lite, or the Facebook messenger)
- For iPhone (IOS device), go to Apple store at: https://apps.apple.com/za/app/facebook/id284882215
- For Android Mobile, go to Google Play store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.katana&hl
- For huawei Users, go to AppGallery at: https://appgallery.huawei.com/Featured
After the successful download and installation, open the App, click on sign up and follow the instructions.
3. Open Facebook Account Using your iPhone or Android Mobile
To create a Facebook account using your iPhone and android mobile phone is not rocket science. To use this approach, I usually recommend you use the phone number verification instead of your email.
To Facebook sign up on iPhone, follow the guidelines below:
- Please make sure you have data or active wifi
- Open your browser on the phone or iPhone
- Type www.facebook.com and click enter
- Once it opened, click sign up, and on the Facebook sign up page, put your phone number instead of your email. The verification code will be sent to your phone number instantly, check the code and verify your new account
- That is all.
4. Sign Up For Facebook And Set up your Profile
The processes above are proven ways on how to sign up for a Facebook account, but that is not all. There are still steps and things you need to do to get your FB account ready.
You need to set up your account profile. How?
How to step up your Facebook profile
- Step One: Your profile and background pictures are important. Please make sure you use a high definition (HD) images. In addition, for your profile picture, use a smiling image of yourself or your brand. Please remember that the background picture dimension is 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on desktop ( it automatically resizes itself on your iPhone or android mobile phones).
- Step Two: Write a good biography that speaks about you or your business. Make it short, simple, easy to understand and irresistible.
- Step Three: Post nice picture contents and videos
You may like:
Common Facebook Sign up Errors
Do not be disappointed if you are encountering errors or problems during the registration. Some common Facebook sign up errors are listed below:
- Under age registration error
- Used email address or phone number
- Unstable internet connection
- Blacklisted IP address
1. Under age registration error
If you are trying to register and you are not of 13 years of age and older, you will be getting errors and the registration will not go on. The online social media did this to prevent under age usage of Facebook.
2. Used email address or phone number
This is the most common registration error for a new Facebook account. If this is the cause of the error, you will be alerted that the email has been used or banned.
So try using a new email or different email address.
3. Unstable internet connection
Having an unstable internet connection causes error. Try using a stable network and the registration will go without any error or flaw.
4. Blacklisted IP address
This is a major cause of Facebook registration error. And I will explain, though I explained earlier when I published detailed guideline on how to open IG account using your instagram sign up phone number details.
- Their computer, PC and phone IP are logged for security reasons.
- The network of their internet connectivity source is also logged
IP’s are binary numbers to know the source of traffic. So if a particular IP number ( either of the two above) has been used on several occasions to sign up for a Facebook account, then such IP is bound to be blacklisted of flagged by Facebook.
So if you are getting such errors during your Facebook registration and the above three are not the cause, then definitely, the IP issue is the cause.
The best way to resolve this is to use another data or internet source, clear your browser cache ( not just the history, but the entire logins, history and data) or simply use another phone or PC and another browser.
9 Advantages of Facebook And Why You Need To Join
Facebook has lots of advantages and benefits either on a personal level or for business reasons. I have listed the following reasons of why you need to Facebook sign up and open a new account or probably reactivate your old account.
- Facebook Helps You Connect And Extend Your Reach
Facebook unique vision and mission as stated on several occasions by Mark Zuckerberg is that, it aims to bring people closer together. When you sign up for a Facebook account, you are practically becoming a fulfilment of these vision and dreams.
The amazing thing about the website is its unique purpose of bringing people together where users on the platform can post status, update and send messages, and share videos and photos. You can see what is happening in people’s lives and voice your opinion.
When you register for a free account by signing up, you will be able to share your comments, like or dislike pictures or videos uploaded, run sales ads for your products, have a fans page, and many more.
if we put the number of people that use Facebook into continents, it would surpass the total population of Africa, Europe, and North America combined……Source: Backlinko.com
When you open and register for a Facebook account, you can share pictures, chat, have a voice call, and do a video call. Facebook works like instant email, and one of the unique selling points of Facebook is Instant messaging.
You can use Facebook instant messaging App on either your iPhone or mobile android phone. All these is possible when you register a new Facebook account.
- Facebook is a place for Business And Consumers
As at September 2021, Facebook declared that over 200 million small business owners use their platform and there are more than 10 million active advertisers on the platform as at the end of the third quarter of 2020.
Deloitte, the great global management consulting company even published a report on the economic impact of Facebook.
As a business minded individual, it is compulsory you Facebook sign up and join the platform. The facts are astonishing and if you are not there, honestly, you are missing out.
The use of Facebook Ads for small scale business helps them grow and increase their reach, brand awareness and even make money through ROI ( return on their advertisement investment).
Though, a research was done to show that sometimes using Facebook Ads may not give you the perfection you expect on your expected target, but that rarely happens and should not even discourage you.
You can start your small scale business on Facebook, and do direct marketing of the products and services. Facebook is big and there are always audiences for you on anything you want to sell or promote.
- Being on Facebook can help you get a job
Recently, some employers are beginning to request a link of employees’ Facebook accounts to be included in their Curriculum Vitae to link them up to their Facebook group account. It is interesting to see how information on Facebook rapidly circulates across the world.
While this is seen as a wrong approach, but it can be a boost for you to get a job if you have a decent Facebook profile.
Most companies are being careful in hiring people, they want to know much about you so that they are rest assured they are hiring the perfect candidates.
Again, I reiterate, if you Facebook sign up for an account, make sure your profile is superb having decent conversations, videos, comments etc. Add your Facebook profile link in your CV.
This little act can be the difference between you and other job candidates and you will as well be prepared for some common interview questions you may be asked.
- Increased Market opportunities
Facebook is huge ,so the potential for you to reach your customers is there. Facebook is important if you are a small business owner. Take up the opportunity.
For example, you cannot start a news website and run it successfully with money making opportunities without the use of Facebook.
- Helps you with branding advantages for your business and products
Capital One, Disney, Amazon and Procter and Gamble are the biggest advertiser on Facebook, you know why?
There approach is helping their brand. For you to promote and make your brand known very well, try and Facebook sign up by opening a new account.
- Helps you to share your videos, pictures and audios to targeted audiences
With Facebook, you are never bored. It keeps you engaged and busy. After signing for Facebook, you are free to start sharing your pictures and videos with friends and even family members.
- There is money making opportunities with Facebook
Ask advertisers, they will tell you that they get their ROI on Facebook advertisement. So, for you to spend $1 wisely, you will get back more than $1sk.
Ask influencers, like Ronaldo, they will tell you how much a single Facebook post fetches them. You do not have to be a super popular person to make money on Facebook, just look for a product to promote and start promoting it.
Trust me, you will make your money back.
- Search for lost friends, colleagues and Family members
Facebook original plan and purpose is to unite people of all walks and life. When you Facebook sign up, it gives you the opportunity to search and look for lost friends, family members, colleagues etc.
Looking for a long lost friend while at college? just use Facebook, and you most likely to see and get the person.
- Facebook has great tools to make you successful
Why do you think there are lots of people on Facebook? why do you think the engagement rate of users is so high?
It is all because there are different things to do on FB. From watching videos, to online gaming etc. the options are not limited.
For example on Facebook, you get a comprehensive advanced data statistics and analytics on user and visitor behavior on your Facebook page and account.
This will help you make informed decisions on marketing and other things.
You can also create poll, live events, conduct online webinar, use Facebook to generate leads etc.. I know of some people who sign up on Facebook, get registered and open a free account just to be able to achieve all this.
The following are some other important points you need to know before you Facebook sign up.
- One of the safest spaces on earth
Facebook is one of the safest social media spaces on earth to voice your opinion about a matter without feeling unsafe. There is no judgment, no repercussion as long as you obey its policy.
- It enhances increased connectivity
Everything you want about connecting with the world at large is made available to you on Facebook at no cost. If you’re looking for more people to socialize with, You can use the power in your hand on Facebook by voicing your opinion, instructing, and educating others.
- Maximum fun and excitement
You can share your pictures and videos so your friends and family can know what’s happening with you. You can also see other people’s pictures, posts, videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for Facebook for the first time?
It does not matter whether you are a first timer or not, just like my friend I mentioned above. All you need is either your phone number or email to sign up.
The core vision and mission of Facebook is to help people connect with each other. Follow the guidelines in this tutorial to register.
- Is Facebook sign up free?
To sign up for Facebook is 100% free, Facebook will not charge or bill you to sign up. However, after you have sign up freely and you want to promote your posts, products, items by advertising, then you will need to pay.
Facebook makes money from advertisement and that is why they can afford to allow people join their platform freely unlike other social media networks.
- Can I have 2 Facebook accounts?
Officially, you are not allowed to have 2 Facebook accounts. Though, you are allowed to have more than 2 Facebook page or Facebook group accounts ( and both of this falls under a single personal control of the owner).
Unofficially, you can have 2 Facebook accounts if you use two different identity i.e. it can be your real name but you are going to use separate/different email address and phone number to sign up for the second account.
- How can I create Facebook account without phone number?
To create a Facebook account requires either your phone number or email address, so if you do not want to sign up with your phone number, then you can use your email address.
- How can I create Facebook account without email?
It is the same as I mentioned earlier above, if you do not want to use your email address, then you can use your phone number to register.
One thing is clear; you cannot register a Facebook account without either your phone number or email, you need one of them.
Unless you just want to open a Facebook account anyhow ( i.e. not personal Facebook account, then you can use any email address ( not necessarily your own email address) however, if you have problem later, you may need that email address for authentication.
- Why does Facebook require a phone number?
During registration for a new Facebook account, FB needs your phone number or your email address. The reason is because of security measures, authentication and to be sure you are the real owner of such account.
For example, if you forget your password or your FB account got hacked, Facebook can easily help and restore your account for you by sending SMS to your phone number.
- Can I join Facebook anonymously?
Officially, you cannot join Facebook anonymously. Unofficially, you can. I will explain.
The way around this is to open a normal Facebook account with your real details or just open an account anyhow without your real name ( the major requirement is your email address or phone number).
If you chose either of this option, you can then go to your privacy settings and block people from either searching for you using your name, phone number etc.
You can also hide most details of your profile from public view e.g. email address, place of birth, last seen, place currently staying, education information etc.
Thank you for taking your time to read this lengthy tutorial on how to sign up for Facebook. Kindly let me know in the comment session how helpful this article is and the challenges you encountered.
I am willing to provide you with the necessary assistance that you need.