How to cancel subscription on Telkom mobile and unsubscribe is not rocket science at all; this guideline is aimed at removing confusion, clearing distortions and offering you a clear step by step guidelines on how to check and unsubscribe on Telkom mobile
Even though, Telkom Mobile South Africa has been the pride and go to source for most income middle class South Africans owing to its extremely cheap airtime and data, however, being economical sometimes does not always equate to efficiency.
For the people that has the big money to spend not minding how their airtime is being taken away or spent and who are always ready to subscribe to anything on the internet without minding the cost, this tutorial may not be pleasant to them.
However, if you are like me and discovers that there should be value for your hard earn money when it comes to various subscriptions on Telkom, then this tutorial will be helpful to you.
Quite often, many users have become victims of stolen or lost data or airtime because they do not check their data or airtime balance often. This problem does not only applies to Telkom alone, but also to MTN, Vodacom and also Cell C.
The culprit behind this annoying headaches are hidden subscriptions that the user may know or may not even knows.
Some of these subscriptions are discussed below, including how you can check the active subscriptions causing these problems and the Telkom unsubscribe number to dial.
You may like:
How To Cancel Subscription On Telkom
To unsubscribe from any unwanted frivolous hidden subscriptions is not rocket science. These includes but not limited to data bundles, call plans, value-added services, and other offerings that customers may subscribe to monthly or ad-hoc
Fortunately, Telkom Mobile allows customers to unsubscribe or stop subscription services anytime.
The following are the four recommend steps to take to cancel subscriptions on Telkom Mobile South Africa:
1. How to cancel subscription on Telkom Using USSD
If you are a Telkom Mobile subscriber and you wish to cancel or stop any of your subscriptions, you can easily do so by using the Telkom ussd codes (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) service.
The Telkom subscription cancellation USSD code *180#. This will initiate the USSD service and bring up a pop-up on your phone’s screen.
The pop-up will contain a set of menu-driven options that will guide you through the process of canceling or stopping your subscriptions.
Follow this guideline on how to unsubscribe on telkom using USSD
- Dial *180#
- Go to Telkom plus ( i.e. option 5)
- Go to self service ( option 9)
- All subscriptions will be displayed here for both active and pending status
- To see your active subscription, chose option 1
- After viewing your active subscriptions, you can decide to delete it
- It is also advisable that you check the pending subscriptions and cancel it
A confirmation message informing you that all active subscriptions has been deleted or cancelled will be sent to you as SMS. This follows after you have dutifully followed the cancellation process I mentioned above.
The use of the Telkom cancellation USSD code is by far the most easy, quick, convenient and cost effective approach to stopping all Telkom services you do not want anymore!!
2. How to cancel subscription on Telkom On the App
To cancel or stop subscription services on Telkom Mobile, you can conveniently use their mobile app, which is available for download on your phone’s app store.
Follow this guideline on how to unsubscribe on Telkom using the App:
- Download the Telkom App
- To do that, go to Google play store ( Android phone users), Apple Store ( iPhone users) or Huawei Gallery ( Huawei Phone users)
- Make sure you have active internet connection, then download the App
- Install the App and register it. You register on the App using your Telkom phone number and your ID information. An SMS will be sent to your phone for confirmation. Once done, you are good to start using it.
- Login with your registered credentials
- Locate and navigate to the My Products tab, which is usually located on the homepage of the app.
- Chose Subscriptions option ( All subscription services will be shown here)
- To find the particular service you want to cancel, scroll through the list of subscription services under the Content Services option.
- Select the actual subscription service you wish to cancel or stop.
- Click on it, it will give and show you more options about the services, with option to cancel it
- Commence with the cancellation
- Click on the subscription services, follow the prompts, according to the screen instruction
- Select cancel and it will be done. A displayed confirmation message will show on your screen and also an SMS copy confirming that you have unsubscribe from the Telkom subscription will be sent to you.
Watch this video to learn more:
3. How to cancel subscription on Telkom online
To cancel any subscription services of Telkom online, you need to visit the official website and implement such cancellation process. To do that, follow the steps below.
How to cancel subscription on Telkom online
- Check Telkom official website at www.telkom.co.za
- Login if you have an account already but if not, simply register
- To register for the account is similar to the App processes I explained above. You will use your present Telkom number and your ID details to register
- Login, locate and navigate to your profile page
- Check for ‘Manage services ‘or ‘My subscriptions” ( usually on the top right hand side of the page)
- Identify the actual subscription you want to unsubscribe from
- Tap or click on the services to get broader information
- Though an option to delete will be displayed, it is left for you to decide
- The Telkom cancellation online process should start when you click on the button
- Accept the terms, and follow the instructions
- Click cancel and that is all.
You may like:
How To Check Subscriptions On Telkom
Knowing the particular option you are subscribed to will make it easy for you to make a decision to either cancel or delete it. This is important to know and check before you decide to cancel any services you are on.
Please note that not all active subscriptions are bad, some are good and you should be careful not to just delete all of them.
That is why you need to first of all check and be sure of the particular services you do not want anymore and therefore unsubscribe from it.
It is important and wise for you to know them and then make a decision on deleting or cancelling the ones you do not want.
The three ways to check the active Telkom subscription services on your phone are:
- Dialing the USSD code
- Using the Telkom mobile App
- Checking online
1. How to check subscriptions on telkom using USSD code
To check your active Telkom subscription services, dial *180# to view the Telkom plus pop up menu.
Follow this guideline ( Updated June 25th, 2023)
- Dial *180#, the next page will show: Promo bundles, Monate instant wins, Bundles, emergency top us, Telkom plus, Ringa music, WhatsApp and Transfer.
- Click option 6 ( i.e. the Telkom plus) and it will take you to the next menu
- Click option 9 ( i.e. More) and it will show the next page
- Click option 7 ( i.e. self service), then,
- Click 1 ( Active subscriptions); when you click option 1, it will list all of your active subscriptions that may be eating your airtime or data
In summary, to check your Telkom Subscriptions services, go to *180#, option 6, option 9, option 7, option 1!!
2. How to check subscriptions on telkom using the App
I assume you have downloaded and install the App on your phone. If you have done that, follow these steps to check your subscription:
- Open your Telkom mobile App ( and of course, make sure you have an active internet connection/data)
- Locate and go to where you see products
- Once there, go to subscriptions and click on it
- Every required services/contents/subscriptions will be displayed here.
Now, once you are clear about the actual culprits eating your airtime and data, you can then follow and implement the guidelines above on how to stop them all or the actual one.
3. How to check subscriptions on Telkom Online
Visiting the official Telkom website is the valid and safe way to check all Telkom subscription services online. Follow the steps below.
Open your webs browser ( e.g. Google chrome, internet explorer, safari etc.)
Go to Telkom official website : www.telkom.co.za
Go to the login page, login with your username and password if you have already registered. But if not, register with your Telkom number and your ID and get verified.
Now, once inside your logged in profile or dashboard.
Locate my profile, click on it and navigate to your subscription page
On the subscription page, all your active subscriptions will be shown and displayed
To know more about each, click on it and the next page will be shown
To check your Telkom subscription online, information such as name of the services, monthly fees, features will be listed there
Doing this, you will be able to have a comprehensive information about the subscription services you are subscribed to.
By going furthermore, more details and information e.g. billing info, cancellation options etc will be displayed to you.
You may like:
What Are Telkom Subscription Services
Telkom offers various subscription services to its numerous customers, these content services are generally known as WASP ( wireless application service protocols).
Examples of these WASP includes but not limited to:
- News updates
- Entertainment news and updates
- Trending stories
- Weather reports
- Offers and deals from Telkom
- Sport news ( including transfers and march updates)
- Movie reviews
- Celebrity gossips and lifestyles etc.
The beauty of these subscription services is that you can choose the services that best suit your interests and preferences. Once you have subscribed, you will receive regular updates on the topic of your choice directly to your mobile phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Mamzansi, we have carefully researched and drafted out some known questions and also provided corresponding accurate answers to them all.
- How Do I Cancel My Telkom Auto-renewal?
If you want to prevent your bundles from auto-renewing on Telkom Mobile, you can do so by following a simple process. First, dial the short code *544# on your phone.
However, remember that for you to use this USSD code to stop the auto renewal, it means you need to buy data on Telkom mobile and have it loaded already.
Next, select the “data bundles” option from the menu that appears. Then, choose the package that you want to stop the auto-renewal on and follow the prompts to complete the process.
By doing this, you can effectively manage your data usage and avoid unnecessary charges that may result from automatic renewals.
- I don’t remember subscribing to Telkom WASP services
Busy professionals or very rich people hardly knows that their airtime is being depleted. Most young people, mothers or single ladies who are prudent about their finances or airtime balances often notices when their airtime is disappearing or missing mysteriously.
When such notices occurs, it prompts up a question on why is my airtime or data getting finished quickly. They often asked themselves when they see messages or pop up alerts on their screens of when they subscribed to such things.
Many people knowingly or unknowingly subscribes to various WASP services from Telkom. For example, if you are the one that your little kids or children plays with their phones, be rest assured that your child will install some games or funny stuffs on your phone without you knowing.
Secondly, Telecom companies are smart, they are constantly looking for ways to collect your money and one of the easy subtle way to do it is by offering you subscriptions services that you do not really need.
My word of advise to you is that the moment you start seeing strange pop messages, strange SMS etc.; just unsubscribe from such services.
- How do I Know If I Subscribed To Anything on Telkom?
The short and easy answer is that your airtime or data gets depleted even without you using it. This may not be the real answer because even background apps can consume your airtime or data without you knowing.
The valid and fire proof way to know if you are subscribed to any Telkom services or WASP is:
- If you start getting strange unsolicited SMS
- You start getting funny, strange or unsolicited pop up messages on your phone screen
- Dialing the USSD code *180# to check if you have any active subscriptions ( scroll up and see my guidelines above)
And the last two frequently asked questions are:
- How Do I Stop My Airtime From Disappearing Telkom?
It is an unpleasant situation when you need to make a call, you suddenly realized that your airtime is no more. Many people have been victims of this mess and it must stop.
The easiest way to stop Telkom disappearing airtime is to cancel and stop all active subscriptions by dialing the USSD code *180# and choosing option 5.
- Why is Telkom Eating My Airtime?
Telkom may be eating your airtime essentially because you allowed it ignorantly. I explained partly above, however, the best way is to check if you have any active subscriptions and then stop it. I will publish a comprehensive guideline on this later.
In conclusion, the steps on how to cancel subscription on Telkom Mobile South Africa is a relatively straightforward process.
The first step is to determine which subscription you want to cancel, and then contact Telkom Mobile customer service through their website, app, or by phone.
It is important to note that canceling a subscription may not necessarily mean an immediate end to charges, so it’s important to keep an eye on your bills to ensure that you’re not being charged for a service you no longer use.
With a bit of persistence and attention to detail, canceling your Telkom Mobile subscription should be a smooth and stress-free process.