To transfer data from Vodacom to other Vodacom users is as simple as A, B, C. The three ways are the use of Vodacom USSD, family share and the use of Vodacom App.
Follow the guidelines below to learn how you can share your Vodacom data with others, friends and family members. This guideline covers whether you are a prepaid customer or a RED premium user.
3 Ways To Do Vodacom Data Transfer
From experience, Vodacom is the best mobile network provider in South Africa. If you are generous enough to want to allow people to enjoy all the goodies you enjoying with Vodacom by sharing your data with them, this tutorial is all you need.
Currently, there are three ways you can transfer data on Vodacom;
- Using Vodacom USSD
- Using Family Share
- Using Vodacom App
1. Using Vodacom USSD
To use Vodacom USSD to transfer data, follow the instructions below;
- Dial *135# from your phone
- Click Access “Services” via the services selection
- Select “Next” to access the next menu
- Select the “Data Transfer” option
- Pick the data bundle you wish to transfer
- Select the amount of data you wish to transfer to your recipient
- Choose your recipient
- Confirm your selection
As you can see, it is easy as A, B, C!!
You may like:
2. Using Family Share
To use Family Share method to transfer data on Vodacom requires that you are a Vodacom RED member. To join the RED membership, check out Vodacom RED membership package.
To transfer data on Vodacom using the RED family share, follow the instructions below:
- Open your Vodacom App and login to your My Vodacom account.
- Select a recipient. You can choose up to six Vodacom family members or friends.
- Choose how much data to share. You will be charged R25 per mobile number you share with.
Few things to know about this:
- It is a contract, and you can join as low as R55 per month
- You can add up to 6 family members, just like MTN ( but with MTN, you can add up to 20 people)
- Maximum data you can share in a month is 1GB per person
And to the last method on Vodacom data transfer;
3. Using Vodacom App
Simply download the App and follow the onscreen instructions.
You may like:
Frequently Asked Questions? ( FAQ)
The following are some frequently asked questions when it comes to transferring data on Vodacom.
- Can I transfer Night Owl data?
No, you cannot transfer night owl data bundles on Vodacom
- How do I use the Vodacom family share?
It is easy to use; if the main person that wants to share your data, you can do so in two ways, you have to register on https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za and the My Vodacom App and from there, you can add people ( up to six people).
- Can I transfer data on Vodacom to MTN, Cell C, Telkom or other networks?
No, you cannot. There is no provision for this.
Other important information to know about Vodacom data transfer and sharing are listed below:
- Data Transfer will be applicable to Prepaid, Hybrid and Post-paid subscribers.
- Transfer of Data bundles will be applicable to all once-off & recurring data bundles.
- Only a customer that is the Master Account Holder can transfer a data bundle
- Transfer of Data bundles will be applicable within the following payment types:
- Post-paid customers can only transfer Data to Post-paid and Hybrid customers
- Hybrid customers can only transfer Data to Hybrid and Post-paid customers
- Prepaid customers can only transfer Data to Prepaid customers
- Customers on NXT LVL price plans can only share Data with Customers on NXT LVL price plans
- NXT LVL Prepaid customers can only share Data with NXT LVL Prepaid customers
- NXT LVL Hybrid customers can only share Data with NXT LVL Hybrid customers
- Customers on Mobile Broadband data price plans can only share Data with Customers on Mobile Broadband data price plans
- Mobile Broadband data price Hybrid customers can only share Data with Mobile Broadband data price Hybrid and Mobile Broadband data price Post-paid customers
- Mobile Broadband data price Post-paid customers can only share Data with Mobile Broadband data price Hybrid and Mobile Broadband data price Post-paid customers
- All Vodacom data bundles will be available for transfer free of charge.
- You may not transfer all free data bundles.
Kindly share your views in the comment section and do not forget to share it on Facebook and Twitter, I am sure there is someone out there that needs this guideline likewise. Thanks